CHURCH NEWS 3/22/23
- March 25 - Saturday Sending Service! 6pm
- March 26 - Go & Serve Sunday - More info and sign up here
- The Youth Group will head on a "Destination Unknown" activity ($5) after their serving time at Fairmount Camp that morning.
- March 26-April 9 - Holy Week! Check out a unique opportunity to "travel" Fairmount
- April 2 - New groups start. Sign up here
- April 5 - Egg Stuffing Party for the Egg Hunt Event - Fairmount United Methodist Church, 6pm
- April 8 - Egg Hunt at Play Acres Park, 11am
- April 12 - Church Membership Class - Sign up here (more information below)
- April 15 - Trivia Night Fundraiser for the Ghana Team Mission Trip. More info and sign up here
- April 16 - Baptism. Interested?! Sign up here!
- April 30 - Local Church Conference
Our church exists to Love God, Connect with Others,
Discover Your Purpose, and Make a Difference!
New announcements will be bold below
- Easter is Coming! (April 9)- Please be praying about who in your circle of influence needs to hear about Jesus and look for opportunities to share. Perhaps plan to invite them to church and even have lunch together afterward.
- Holy Week - What would it have been like to experience Holy Week? To see the sights and experience the places that Jesus went on his last week? Since we can't go to Jerusalem, we flipped the question - what if we brought Holy Week here? So the weeks of March 26-April 9, you get to follow the journey of Christ from Palm Sunday to Resurrection Sunday as if it was in Fairmount. We mapped where he would have been as if he were here , and created resources for you to engage with as you experience Holy Week here. So get out your bikes or golf cart, pick up a drink at the Branch, and check out this video for more information. If you're ready to jump in after March 26, check out the map and all the videos here!
- Go & Serve Sunday - Sign up here for your choice of destination to serve on Sunday, March 26. There will be no service on that Sunday morning at the church, but we will do a "sending" service the night before - Saturday, March 25, 6pm.
CONNECT WITH OTHERS
- Groups - Spring groups begin April 2. New options are available and will run for just April/May if you are considering jumping in and giving groups a try. Sign up here!
- Membership Class – Whether you want to become a formal member of FWC or are interested in learning about the Wesleyan Church, sign up here to join the next Membership Class on April 12, 5:30-7:30pm at Pastor Jeff & Amy's house (6629 SE 00 W, Jonesboro). Membership is a commitment to this body of believers with the benefits of fellowship, discipleship, and ownership. As well, this class is just in time before our Local Church Conference (LCC), where you’ll have a voice and a vote for leadership positions.
- Local Church Conference – LCC is a business meeting for all FWC members. All non-members are also welcome to attend to learn more about the vision of the church and hear reports of how God has been working. This year’s conference is April 30, 6pm, FWC sanctuary.
DISCOVER YOUR PURPOSE
- Solitude Ideas - over the next several weeks, ideas will be generated here to spend quiet moments alone with God. See how many you can take advantage of! If you have an idea to share with others, pass it along to Amy here.
- Savor your alone time and silence. Ponder a reading or creation while you are still before God.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Giving Chest - March's Giving Chest (located in the Welcome Center near door #1) will be collecting flower seed packets to be distributed to families at the Easter Egg Hunt. Thank you for your generosity to the Giving Chest, which is a part of "Claim Our City" efforts!
- Egg Hunt - One way Fairmount's local churches come together to serve our community is through the annual Easter Egg Hunt at Play Acres Park. This year, there are three ways to get involved: providing individually wrapped candy to stuff in eggs (drop off at the church office), volunteering to stuff eggs (April 5 at Fairmount United Methodist Church, 6pm), and volunteer at the Egg Hunt (Play Acres Park, be there by 9:30am).
- Ghana Fundraisers - We have a team of nine from Fairmount Wesleyan going to Ghana, Africa in June! Please be praying for this multi-generational team. Could you also consider helping them get there by participating in some upcoming fundraisers? Coming fundraisers are: sales; serving at a restaurant; dinner and trivia (April 15; sign up here); garage sale (May 6); dinner and auction, cookout]. More information is coming, but if you'd be willing to save some items to donate for the upcoming Fairmount town sales, the team will be participating!